Saturday, December 31, 2011
Saturday, November 26, 2011
Enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving with my Australian and Vietnamese housemates - they were all curious to learn more about the holiday, and I was happy to explain that it is pretty much all about eating until you can't move, then watching football, then falling asleep. I've also spent some time explaining the madness of "Black Friday" to some of my British co-workers. Gotta love our American traditions! Since certain foodstuffs (such as turkey, butternut squash, leeks, etc.) are scarce in Vietnam, we got a little non-traditional with the menu. Here's an overview:
Pork meatballs with mango chutney
Roasted cauliflower with bacon, sauteed mushrooms, and carmelized onions
Pumpkin pie with fresh cream
It was delicious! Although this is a bit belated, I want to share a few of the things I'm thankful for this year:
1. A flexible career which allows me to work abroad - yay for teaching!
2. Family and friends who are always willing to give me unlimited amounts of love, support, and encouragement.
3. Technological marvels (such as email and Skype) which allow me to stay in touch with the people I love across continents, oceans, and multiple time zones!
Saturday, November 19, 2011
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Cooking Contest, a set on Flickr.
Saturday, November 5, 2011
- Authentic moments unmolested by the presence of a camera.
- The opportunity to catch people in the act of checking you out, glaring at you, or otherwise observing you as you walk past. Hilarious!
- Blur, poor focus, off-kilter framing, and other technical problems. (Soon to be remedied with faster shutter speed and practice!)
From the Hip, a set on Flickr.