Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Life as a Work in Progress

Here are the much anticipated photos of my new house! I've been there about 5 days, really enjoying exploring my new neighborhood. Living with an Australian guy, and Australian woman, and her Vietnamese boyfriend. She sings in a band which covers Hendrix, Stones, Stevie Ray Vaughan, CCR, Iggy Pop... pretty much a total jam session from start to finish. Love it!

Now that I've got a home-base, my next task is to make it a little more my own. Keeping an eye out for wall decorations when I'm out wandering. Also mapping out the neighborhood for all the essentials: so far I've got a lady at the end of the alley who makes some kind of deep-fried banana thing; a lady East on Doi Can who makes a killer doner kebab; my own Papa Roti and Papa Roti Mexico (with chocolate inside instead of butter!); ice cream, bia hoi, bun cha, the list goes on. Need to find a swimming pool to compensate for all my snacking!

So here's the tour:

DSC_0159DSC_0156DSC_0153DSC_0137DSC_0139DSC_0140 DSC_0141DSC_0115DSC_0117DSC_0129DSC_0127DSC_0125 DSC_0121DSC_0132DSC_0135DSC_0145DSC_0147DSC_0150 DSC_0163





Digs, a set on Flickr.

Stay tuned for a photo tour of the neighborhood (it's been raining all week, so haven't had a chance to get out with the camera recently). Off now for some coffee and a snack before heading back to the Kindergarten. Be sure to check out the website for Hanoi International Kindergarten if you would like to see the school and some of the wonderful students I have spent the last two weeks with. I will miss them!

Hanoi International Kindergarten: http://www.hik.edu.vn/

No comments:

Post a Comment