Thursday, September 15, 2011

Camera in Hand

Did some exploring on foot today with my new best friend: a Nikon DSLR that I got before leaving the States. I kind of feel like I'm cheating on the film cameras I left at home... but this one is so shiny and new! The digital images are so instantly gratifying! So much easier to share with everyone at home!

Completely sweat through my clothing within 5 minutes of leaving the house. Walked down a street filled with meat vendors - raw beef, plucked chickens, possibly a dog or two. Eventually found my way to a flower market, where the women shouted "Mademoiselle, you buy!" as I walked past their booths. Successfully crossed my first busy street all by myself. Eventually found a shopping mall with AC - joy! Met Nadia for a delicious lunch of yet more noodles + broth + meat (bun cha), then accompanied her back to her school to visit the Kindergarten classroom where I will be subbing for two weeks. Yes, Kindergarten. The students are ADORABLE. Stay tuned for stories of their antics and my desperate attempts to relate to 5-6 year olds when I am used to working with 14-18 year olds.

Made our way home from school during a short break in the pouring rain. Taking a rest now before heading out for some music, beers, socializing, etc. Enjoy the following slideshow, which I now realize is pathetically short considering I walked around with my camera for at least 2 hours today. I'll have to break my habit of conserving pictures (aka film) and start snapping up a storm on my future photo excursions.

No comments:

Post a Comment