Friday, September 23, 2011

"The Father of All Buns"

Alright, I must have radar for this kind of thing. Within my first week of living in a brand new country I have located several locations of a bakery chain which sells toasty hot, deliciously sweet (but not too sweet), buttery, aaamaaazing "buns." That's it. They just sell one thing. And it's bomb. I'll let their website do the talking:

"PappaRoti is a type of bread very popular in Malaysia, which is considered heaven cakes of the region. Cake made with raw materials mainly of flour, butter, milk, cheese and coffee will certainly be appealing at first you smell the aroma of crispy hot cakes at the new oven. Prior to the oven, on the cake will be coated with a special cream, cream in the oven will melt and penetrate into the crust to create a distinctive scent swirled in the air , the passion of Coffee shops interspersed faint flavor of the cheese layer is golden melted butter inside of a cake will satisfy any customers whether it is most difficult when the taste of this cake."

I'll be honest, I don't recall any cheese in the buns I've had so far, but melted butter in the middle? Yes please. Fresh out of the oven for less than a dollar? I'll take two. I'm hoping I get tired of these eventually, because otherwise I will be packing on some serious poundage in my time here.

I stole their flickr photostream so you all at home can drool over my new favorite snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment